76% agreed that they wanted to have GP coverage outside of 9-5 hours, such as after work and at the weekend.
97% agreed that the NHS should be a service that prevents illness as well as treating illness.
A concern in the survey is that very few respondents had even heard of the 'A Picture of Health' Consultation, and even fewer responded to it.
The biggest concern amongst respondents was GP waiting times. Waiting times in A&E were mentioned by several people, but it was the wait in reception for an appointment that was the biggest concern. Here are some examples of the types of complaint we received:
- "The appointments system to see a GP or nurse is really inconvenient for working people - you have to queue for an appointment and be prepared to wait all morning to be seen"
- "[We need] a more efficient service and an appointment time that doesn't mean you may get seen an hour later!"
- Cleanliness, hygiene and infection control
- Customer service/friendlier staff
- Lack of resources resources
- "I find the NHS good. Very helpful."
- "The doctors work very hard to save lives. Thank God for them."
- "I am very glad of the treatment I receive from my Dr and the NHS."