- JUMP Social Enterprise Academy (a Lewisham charity) - After School Club. Funding will be used to deliver after school activities and mentoring sessions, focusing on entrepreneurial and communication skills.
- Millwall Community School (a Lewisham charity) - "Get 'Respect'" Project. The aim of this project is to enable young people to develop conflict resolution skills and encourage them to become young leaders in their community.
- Positive Reinforcement (a Lewisham community organisation) - Olderpreneur Project. Funding will be used to run a series of workshops for older people who are unemployed and suffering from isolation and stress-related issues.
- Yr Life In Yr Handz Ltd (a Lewisham community group) - Girls Night In Project. This project will deliver a series of workshops to disadvantaged women on issues such as parenting, sexual health, substance misuse and relationships.
- Congo Support Group (a Lewisham community group) - Congolese Cuisine: A Recipe for Integration. The group will use their funding to run workshops promoting healthier versions of Congolese cuisine and to organise cultural events.
I was delighted to hear that the following Lewisham-based groups and projects had recently obtained Big Lottery funding. It is particularly difficult for small organisations to secure funding in the current climate of cuts and closures, so I am sure that this money will be extremely welcome.