The Carers Strategy is underpinned by £255 million and will implement immediate steps, as well as a long-term plan to address some of the more complex issues.
The strategy will deliver:
- £150 million for breaks for carers over the next two years.
- Up to £38 million to support carers to enter/re-enter the job market.
- Over £6 m to provide better support for young carers.
- Pilots to see how annual health checks for carers could be provided with additional training for GPs on how to better recognise the health pressures caring can bring.
- More flexible and accessible skills training for carers.
Further information can be found on the Department of Health website at www.dh.gov.uk